Report on the Special General Meeting
of the Bishop Budka Eparchial Stewardship Society Inc
At the Special General Meeting of the Bishop Budka Eparchial Stewardship Society Inc (BBESSI) held on December 9, 2018 the membership voted to approve the amended Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws that transitioned BBESSI to a Foundation. There were two important changes that occurred at this meeting.
- Name Change: The name of Bishop Budka Eparchial Stewardship Society Inc was changed to:
Ukrainian Catholic Foundation of Saskatchewan Corporation.
- A new Board of Directors was established in accordance with the amended and approved bylaws. The new Board consists of the Eparch, four appointed Directors by the Eparch, and four Directors elected by the membership, representing each Deanery in the Eparchy. The Board of the Directors of the Ukrainian Catholic Foundation of Saskatchewan Corporation are as follows:
- Eparch: Most Reverend Bishop Bryan Bayda, C.Ss.R
- Appointed by the Eparch and representing the Consultors: Father Ivan Nahachewsky (Saskatoon)
- Appointed by the Eparch and representing the Finance Council: Glen Lekach (Regina)
- Appointed by the Eparch and representing the Eparchial Pastoral Council: Geraldine Koban (Yorkton)
- Appointed by the Eparch and the member-at- large: Ernest Boyko (Saskatoon)
- Elected and representing the Prince Albert Deanery: Larry Danylyshen (Prince Albert)
- Elected and representing the Regina Deanery: Terry Shalley (Regina)
- Elected and representing the Saskatoon Deanery: Bob Friesen (Saskatoon)
- Elected and representing the Yorkton Deanery: Doreen Rathgeber
- Subsequently, the Board elected a new Executive as follows: Chair – Bob Friesen; Vice-Chair – Ernest Boyko; Treasurer – Terry Shalley; Secretary – Doreen Rathgeber
On behalf of the Bishop Budka Stewardship Society (BBESSI) I would like to extend my sincere thanks to the Board of Directors for their dedication and efforts in supporting the mission of BBESSI. As a result of the transition process all BBESSI Board of Directors terms have ended. A Special thank you to Andrij Lazurko, Larry Danylyshen, Fr. Ivan Nahachewsky, Terry Shalley, Ernest Boyko, Doreen Rathgeber, Ernest Uhryn, Angela Gretchen and John Parsons.
— Bob Friesen, Former Chair – BBESSI Board of Directors.