NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE MEMBERSHIP
BISHOP BUDKA EPARCHIAL STEWARDSHIP SOCIETY INC. (BBESSI)
When: SUNDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2018
Time: Registration – 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Special General Meeting – 2:30 pm
Where: Dormition of the Blessed Mother of God Ukrainian Catholic Church Auditorium
120 – 105th Street West, Saskatoon Saskatchewan
Who: All members of a Ukrainian Catholic parish or mission within the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Saskatoon who are 18 years of age or older are entitled to attend and vote at the meeting.
Purpose: This Special General Meeting of the BBESSI membership is being called for the purposes of:
- Converting BBESSI into a Foundation to be used for the benefit of the Ukrainian Catholic Church and its programs in Saskatchewan, by doing the following:
- Approving amendments to the Bylaws and Articles to authorize, among other things, the following:
- The creation of two classes of membership made up firstly of the Bishop of the Eparchy as the Eparch member with certain privileges and a class vote on certain fundamental changes affecting BBESSI, and secondly of Ukrainian Catholic Parish or Mission members in Saskatchewan as ordinary members with certain privileges and a class vote on certain fundamental changes affecting BBESSI.
- The establishment of a new Board of Directors governance structure where 9 Directors will either be appointed or elected (to include the Bishop of the Eparchy and 4 members appointed by the Eparch member and 4 members elected by the ordinary members).
- Changing BBESSI’s name to the “Ukrainian Catholic Foundation of Saskatchewan Corporation”.
- If the proposed amendments to the BBESSI Bylaws and Articles are approved by the membership, the ordinary members will be asked to vote on the election of up to 4 new Directors to fill any vacancies on the Board of Directors.
Access to Documents: All special resolutions and other documents pertaining to this Special Meeting of the Membership are posted on the BBESSI website at www.bbessi.org and also on the Eparchial website at www.skeparchy.org. You may also pick up copies of this documentation at the BBESSI Office at 214 Avenue M South, Saskatoon Saskatchewan during regular business hours.
Call for Nominations to the Board of Directors of the proposed new Eparchial organization – “Ukrainian Catholic Foundation of Saskatchewan Corporation”
If the proposed revision of the current BBESSI Bylaws are approved by the Membership at the December 9th, 2018 Special General Meeting, a new Board of Directors will be established. To this end, one representative from each of the four Deaneries will be elected to the new Board of Directors. If you are interested in serving on this Board of Directors as a deanery representative, please contact BBESSI Office Administrator, Iris Owchar at 306-653-0138, ext 223, or email your intention to email@example.com. Each nomination will require a letter of support from your Pastor. Nominations will close on Wednesday, December 5th, 2018 at 5:00pm. To qualify, a person must be 18 years of age or older, a resident of Canada and a member in good standing with a Ukrainian Catholic parish or mission within the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Saskatoon.